Is live music better experienced live or on record? Is the live album dead? Those are just two of the big philosophical questions that we’ve been wondering about more and more lately.
So, hey, what better than to explore those questions by sharing some of our favorite (and not so favorite) live album releases of 2011?
During this episode of Live Fix Radio, we’ll share the stories behind and tell you what we loved the most about new, legendary and crowd-rocking live tracks by Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Sigur Ros, Tegan and Sara. And we’ll explain how we saw the light after listening to the new Rush and Peter Frampton live albums.
And in case you missed it, you can also listen to Part One Live Album Mega-mix here.
Subscribe via iTunes.
Music from the podcast (except Nirvana, all links via iTunes)
- Pearl Jam – Twenty (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Tegan and Sara – Get Along (Live)
- Sigur Ros – Inní (Live)
- Nirvana – Live at Man Ray
List of albums mentioned but not played
- Peter Frampton – Frampton Comes Alive! (35th Anniversary Edition)
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Live in France
- Counting Crows – August & Everything After – Live At Town Hall
- Florence + The Machine – Live At the Wiltern
And Your Top 2011 Live Track Picks Are…?
Which albums are on your list this year? Got a question about a topic or track we talked about during the show? We invite you to share your concert experiences and thoughts about this podcast in the comments below. Go ahead be honest. We can take it. Good, bad or ugly, we’d love to hear you story and share it in a future episode of Live Fix Radio.