During this episode of Live Fix Radio, we’re talking with Steve Weinberger author of No Air Guitar Allowed. Listen in as he shares how his comical book of concert characters came to life, what he’s never done at a show before and how he’s teaching his daughter the fine art of concertgoing.
Plus, we’ll explore our electromusical mood discoveries at Pitchfork Festival, The Who’s 1979 redeeming ticket opportunity, Lolla fans getting punched in the stomach, and why Jack White is apparently requesting fans not use social media during his shows.
Subscribe via iTunes.
Segment one: News and other cool stuff we talked about:
Segment two (30:00): Interview with Steve Weinberger.
- The Dandy Warhols – “Bohemian Like You” ” – Live at Glastonbury 2002
- Wilco – “I’m Trying to Break Your Heart” – Live in Geneva, IL 2012
- The Dandy Warhols – “Fast Driving Rave Up” – Live at Reeding 1998
- Van Halen – “Running with the Devil” – Live in Memphis
- Neil Diamond – “Sweet Caroline” – Live in Seattle 2012
What’s Your Concert Persona?
Which of Steve’s characters do you identify with?
What are some of your favorite people-watching moments at concerts?
What new concert characters do you see emerging in today’s ever-evolving live music culture?
Share your concert experiences and thoughts about this podcast in the comments below, on Twitter @livefixmedia, on Facebook, Google Plus, or call the concert fan hotline at 773-609-4341, and we’ll include them in a future episode of Live Fix Radio.