Continuing our exploration of Phish and their live show experiences, we’d like to share news about the band hosting a special show at Champlain Valley Exposition in Essex Junction, Vermont next Wednesday, September 14th.
The show will be supporting those communities impacted by flooding caused by Hurricane Irene.
Here’s what Phish keyboardist Page McConnell had to say in a fan email released earlier this week followed by ticket info and more details about the concert:
“It’s been heartbreaking to see all the loss and destruction that came from the storm. Vermont is very much a part of who we are as a band. We’re really looking forward to playing this show and we hope the money raised will make a difference in the recovery and rebuilding effort.”
- General admission tickets will be $75.
- A special “Friend of WaterWheel” package will be available for $250. It will include preferred parking, a reserved box seat, a limited edition poster and access to a Vermont craft beer tent.
- A very limited number of tickets are available directly through Phish Tickets’ online ticketing system at http://phish.portals.musictoday.com.
- The ticket request period is currently underway and will end on Wednesday, September 7, at noon ET. Tickets will go on sale to the public on Saturday, September 10, at 10:00 AM ET. In order to ensure that a large allotment of tickets is available to local residents, the public onsale will be in-person and cash only.
- The box office location will be announced this Friday at Phish.com, by email update and on local radio stations.
- Proceeds from the concert and merchandise sales will be directed to The WaterWheel Foundation and The Vermont Community Foundation to aid in the recovery of the Green Mountain State.
- The WaterWheel Foundation was created by Phish in 1997 to oversee the band’s various charitable activities. Fans can donate to The WaterWheel Foundation by clicking here. You should specify that they would like their contribution to go to Vermont flood recovery efforts.
Live Webcast on LivePhish.com
Phish will also be having a live webcast of the Benefit show on LivePhish.com. Again, all proceeds going to The WaterWheel Foundation and The Vermont Community Foundation.
And the details are….
- The webcast is available for pre-order now for $19.99. And Phish is also offering a bundle option that will include an exclusive Green Mountain Logo t-shirt, to increase awareness and funds.
- In addition, CDs, MP3s and FLACs of each show will be available (with all proceeds going to Vermont Flood Recovery). For additional details or to pre-order the webcast, visit http://bit.ly/nv9epT
- Ticket stubs for Benefit For Vermont Flood Recovery ticket includes a free MP3 download of the entire show (a fully mixed soundboard recording), redeemable at LivePhish.com after the show. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/iZxtcb.
What’s Your Story?
This show is also a continuation of our grief, joy and community experiments and we’d like to hear how it or other benefit shows have impacted your life. We invite you to post your thoughts below and we’ll share your feedback during a future episode of Live Fix Radio.