Earlier this year we featured the wonders of the 2010 Moogfest and the story behind the festival’s tribute to live music history.
Today tickets for the 2011 festival go on sale, and the lineup this year gives us a great opportunity to continue our exploration of several bands — The Flaming Lips, Battles, Umphrey’s McGee — that we’ve shared with you before on Live Fix.
Moogfest 2011 Info
Word on the street is that the final Moogfest 2011 lineup will ultimately feature performances by over 60 internationally acclaimed artists in numerous venues throughout downtown, including the Asheville Civic Center Arena, the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, and world-renown Orange Peel Social & Pleasure Club. The festival will also host workshops, talks, interactive experiences and art exhibitions and installations.
Other Moogfest 2011 initial spotlights include:
- German electronic/spacerock explorers Tangerine Dream to present exclusive US performance.
- Punk/electronic iconoclasts Suicide to perform their legendary first album in its entirety.
- Electronic pioneer Hans-Joachim Roedelius to perform solo.
- More concert, workshops, talks, interactive experiences and art installations to be announced in coming weeks.
Weekend passes for Moogfest 2011 will go on sale today Saturday, June 4, at 12 Noon Eastern exclusively at www.moogfest.com.
Moogfest 2011 Confirmed Artists:
As we mentioned before, this year’s lineup features several artists we’ve experimented with and explored before in a live setting. And we’ve highlighted them in the list below. Check out our previous Moogfest exploration of their historic museum and other monster Moog moments.
Get Featured on The Live Fix Podcast
Been to Moogfest before? Got a concert story to share? Planning to head out to the festival this year? We’ll be featuring fan and artist stories about Moogfest for a upcoming Live Fix Podcast episode and we’d love to share your story. To share your story drop a comment below!
- Flaming Lips (Pitchfork review and their legendary SXSW Parking Lot Experiment)
- Passion Pit
- Tangerine Dream
- Ghostland Observatory
- Suicide (performing their legendary first album)
- Crystal Castles
- Battles (A recent rockin’ Take Away Show via Blogotheque)
- Umphrey’s McGee ( Review of their innovative UMbowl in Chicago)
- Mayer Hawthorne & The County
- Adrian Belew Power Trio
- Hans-Joachim Roedelius
- Holy F**k
- Matthew Dear
- Toro Y Moi
- Twin Shadow
- Oneohtrix Point Never
- The Naked And Famous
- Tim Hecker
- Brandt Bauer Frick
- Gold Panda
- Little Dragon
- Causing A Tiger
- Ford & Lopatin