On Tuesday December 14th, for the ninth year running, The Second City will host “Letters To Santa” to benefit local Chicago families on Christmas Day. Here’s the low-down on how you can join the fun and spread holiday cheer during the 24-hour marathon event of live music and improv comedy.
So far, the bands on the bill include Jeff Tweedy of Wilco and JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound along with The Danielson Famile, Robbie Fulks, Bill Callahan, and The Blisters. More artists will be added to the bill as the event approaches.
Letters To Santa helps to raise money for disenfranchised Chicago families on Christmas day and here’s some of the auction items that you can bid on at the event:
- Iggy Pop’s original lyric book
- Two tickets to see SNL with a personal tour from Fred Armisen
- A lifetime pass for two to live events at Chicago’s Lincoln Hall
- A day in the studio with Steve Albini
- A private concert by Jeff Tweedy in your home with 29 of your closest friends
Those are some great items up for grabs during the auction because Lincoln Hall is one of our favorite live music venues in Chicago, and it would be pretty sweet to have Jeff Tweedy play a show for your own house concert.
- Where: The Second City e.t.c. Theater (1608 N. Wells)
- When: Tuesday, December 14th at 7:00p and conclude on Wednesday, December 15, 2010
- What: This event is open to all ages. Tickets will be available at the door only from 6pm on Tuesday December 14 throughout the event. Tickets are $15 (cash only) and are good for the entire 24 hour event as long as seats are available.